Saturday, October 1, 2011

Greek Festival

On Saturday, Lance, Max, and I headed out to the Greek Orthodox Church on Clairmont for their annual Greek Festival.  We ended up having a great time, but our outing started off a little bit rocky...  Mr. Max, who decided not to nap that day, ended up falling asleep in the car on the way there!  So we began the evening sitting in our car while Max slept in Lance's lap for a little cat nap.  As it turns out, a 20 minute snooze was just the thing Max needed to recharge and have a fun time playing and eating!  The evening ended with Max gobbling down a lamb sandwich--who knew that my 3 year old would love lamb so much???!!!  When we were leaving, he was shouting, "Where's my meat?" because he was so worried I wouldn't bring his sandwich with us to the car!  Nothing like a whole bunch of lamb at 9 pm...  Geez.

Max taking a nap on Lance's lap in the car before the festival (this is around 5 pm!)


Max was SO excited to ride on the bus from the designated parking to the church. 

This is the scene inside the festival.  The church itself is a beautiful building, and they really pack 'em in for this event!  The great food, fun music/dance, and games are a big draw.  This year one of the big money-makers was the opportunity to have one's picture taken with The Bachelorette's Greek Atlanta native, Constantine Tzortzis (from Ashley Hebert's season).  Since Lance and I are faithful Bachelor/Bachelorette/Bachelor Pad fans, I couldn't resist the opportunity :-)  I can upload the picture from the church's Web site on Tuesday, so I'll add it to this post when I get it.  He was a nice guy--introduced himself and thanked me for supporting the church. 

Max and Lance waiting in line for gyros.  I think somebody is still a little groggy...

Or maybe he's still just plain exhausted!  Don't you love the Yoda undies hanging out?!  Aye, aye, aye...

Max and me enjoying our lemon/garlic/oregano fried potato wedges and our gyro!

Last year, Max wanted nothing to do with the games.  He was entirely overwhelmed and way too shy to participate.  This year, however, he was like a whole different kid!  He wanted to do everything and was brave enough to do each ride by himself while Lance and I waved to him from the sidelines.  Here he is climbing up a ladder so that he can slide down the hill next to it...

He chose to go down face first on his belly--silly boy!

Max's favorite ride was the helicopters!  He rode around and around, and he loved every minute of it.

Max was also a big fan of the miniature train :-)  Since the train wasn't running around Stone Mountain when we were there for our picnic (Lance cleverly avoided disaster by saying that "Thomas was still in Nashville"...), this made up for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment