Monday, October 31, 2011

Random October Fun!


Here is an adorable picture of Max watching the movie CARS with all of his little die-cast CARS figurines lined up behind him :-)  And, yes, he lined them all up himself...

A gorgeous sunset shot from our house; we see the most beautiful sunsets here!--what a pleasure.

Another pretty sunset looking out across the street from our house

Watching Daddy's tennis match and pretentding to fly like Buzz Lightyear

Max's turn to play tennis with Lance

Such a little dude

Here I am on my way to my first tennis lesson since middle school!  I wasn't as rusty as I thought I would be, and it felt great to be out there hitting again.

Max and Lance out cruising in the golf cart

Our friends, the Leders, came over for dinner the other night.  Here are Cynthia and Zack with their adorable little boy, Asher, who will be 2 in January.  Cynthia's family and Lance's family have been friends for many years, and Cynthia and I became friends in college, where we were sorority sisters :-)

Little Asher riding Max's bike--those eyes!!!


This is the sweetest story...  Notice the tiny flower bud in my hand: Max found that flower for me in the Sukkah at school.  He held on to it for a while, and then out of nowhere Ms. Lisie (his teacher) sees him bawling hyserically.  She said he was fine one minute and having a total melt-down the next.  Finally, she was able to get him to calm down enough to say that he dropped Mommy's flower.  She assured him she would find it, and by some miracle she actually did find it again!  He proceeded to drop it several more times back in the classroom, and Lisie actually found it again and again.  She convinced him to let her put it in a plastic baggie so that it wouldn't get lost for good. When I picked Max up from school, the first thing he did was make sure that I got the flower he found for me out of his school bag.  What an amazingly sweet, sweet person he is!!!  Such a love.

Here's Max enjoying one of the big blue lollipops that made up the centerpieces at his birthday party.  Those of you who know Max know that there's nothing the boy loves more than a blue lollipop!!!

Playing tug-o-war with Miss Lilah :-)

We spent the Sunday after Max's birthday party and before his actual birthday hanging out at the Train Park in Historic Norcross and enjoying the amazing 80 degree weather!  Whenever we play at the Train Park, we always eat at Paisanos Italian Restaurant, which Max refers to as "Slices and Ices."  He gets a slice of  pizza and an Italian Ice!  Here he is enjoying a mix of cherry and lemon.

Max and me at the Train Park

Showing off his bright red tongue from the cherry ice

I love this picture of him plugging up his ears as the loud train roars past on the tracks just over the hedge.  He loves, loves, loves to see the trains go by!  We got lucky that day and saw three or four of them!

This is his favorite part of the playground at the Train Park.  He was balancing on this triangle for at least 10 minutes before finally deciding to try some other fun apparatus.

On Friday, October 21st, I was invited to attend Tot Shabbat at Max's school, where he was called to the Bimah for a birthday Aliyah. 

Here is Max up at the Bimah.  We are standing next to Ms. Abbie (who teaches Judaics, Music, and Art).  Abbie is hugging Lila Turner, one of Max's classmates whose birthday is one day after Max's.  You can see that Max is a bit emotional.  I think it was hard on him for me to come to school mid-morning because he knew I would have to leave again while he went about the rest of his school day.  He put up a pretty good protest and pulled hard at my heart-strings, but I left him in the very capable hands of Ms. Lisie and Ms. Tracy after Tot Shabbat ended.  Lisie sent me an email shortly thereafter to tell me that I was doing the right thing and that Max was totally fine two seconds after I left as soon as his feet hit the playground! 
This is Max playing sword-fighting with Molly Osterloh.  Molly's dad, Ron, is on Lance's tennis team.  Ron and his wife, Mary, were playing in a mixed doubles tournament that Lance was also playing in.  Max and Molly had so much fun hanging out while the adults were watching the matches.

Molly and Max

Molly and Max watching Toy Story on the IPAD
Papa and Da helping Max carve his Jack-O-Lantern

Da and Max :-)

Here is how his Jack-O-Lanterns turned out :-)

We finally converted Max's crib into a toddler bed by removing the drop side from his crib.  Lance placed all of Max's animals in this cute little arrangment to make him more excited about his "big boy bed"--it was so sweet and thoughtful of Lance!  Max LOVED it!!  He got really excited when he saw all of his friends peeking out over the rail.  He immediately climbed in and has enjoyed his new-found freedom.  I was anticipating that he would take advantage of it and never stay in his crib ever again!  But, to the contrary, he has been judiciously climbing out when he wants another toy or book, and then he gets right back in--precious!!

A proud Max with his new big boy bed!

Having a ball tackling all of his stuffed animals

Jamming out with the new headphones Uncle Beau-Beau sent him





No comments:

Post a Comment