We celebrated Hanukah on Christmas Eve and Mom and Dad's house. It was a delicious meal and a fun night of opening presents!
Max overseeing the latke-making in the garage. It was smart to do it outside this year because when you fry latkes in your house, it smells like fried potatoes for DAYS!
Max and Sue-B frying the delicious latkes!!
Max chasing my parents' dog, Reilly, in their yard
This is the best story EVER. One night of Hanukah, Max said, "I wish I had something to give to you and Dad." What an amazingly selfless and generous comment from the mouth of a babe!!! Max is so wise beyond his years; he is truly an old soul sometimes. SO, Lance and I decided that we would take him shopping separately so that he could pick out something for each of us as a surprise. Earlier in the week before we went shopping, Max made up a whole story to tell me about how he gave me a pink dress for Hanukah, and they didn't have the right one at TJ Maxx so they told him to go to Tuesday Morning to get it! Isn't that HILARIOUS?! You can tell he's been shopping with me a time or two and knows my favorite haunts :-) We took him shopping at Discover Mills, however, so he had to pick something out at the Guess store. He chose the pinkest garment in the whole place, which also just so happens to be replete with slits at the shoulders, a big silver "GUESS" logo, and rhinestones galore!!! It is HYSTERICAL! But Lance said he would absolutely NOT be persuaded to even consider anything else. I love my little boy and his sweet, determined personality.
Here I am sporting my "pink dress" :-) It actually fits perfectly!
Max tearing into a present from Great Aunt Ina and Great Uncle Louis
No comments:
Post a Comment