Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Dad's 62nd Birthday Dinner

We celebrated Dad's 62nd birthday at Mom and Dad's house on July 12th.  Mom and Dad brought in Aurelio's pizza.  It was my first time tasting it, and I loved it!  If you live in East Cobb, you should definitely give it a try--it opened recently in the Bagelicious shopping center where Atlanta Bread Company used to be.  It is Chicago-style pizza and is packed with flavor!  I recommend the sausage, which is their specialty. 

For dessert, I made a Jean Glass chocolate cake with chocolate icing, since Dad is a "chocoholic." 
Jean Glass made cakes for our family for many years; she made the most delicious almond-flavored icing that I absolutely love.  She retired about 7 years ago, but she agreed to sell me her recipe, so now I can make it for special occasions or just whenever I crave it :-)  Everyone seemed to really enjoy the cake so thanks, Jean!!

Somehow I neglected to get Lance, Dale, Linda, or myself in any photos, but we
were all there celebrating Sugar's birthday, too!

Sugar Maury and his little Jedi knight, complete with light saber!

Sue-B with Max

Grrrr... Such a ferocious Jedi!

No comments:

Post a Comment